walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Monday, November 24, 2008

today the choir performed 'Holy is the Lord' for the morning congregation. it was good, thank God! because of that i got to attend the sunday morning worship before heading over the crosswalk to be with the kids. and it was really nice to be able to sing some songs that i knew haha. and just being reminded that my God truly is a great God.

as i was lying on my bed before i fell asleep last night, my heart was overwhelmed with thankfulness for all the things that i have been given. He has led me up out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock, He has put a new song in my heart. (Psalm 40) i havent been tracing the prayers that ive made recently (tsk gotten lazy!), but as i thought about the circumstances that are surrounding my life right at this moment, i am awed at how He has so lovingly, carefully answered my prayers. He has painstakingly built me up from a hopeless case (still hopeless sometimes i know haha) to a Child that's free. and He reserves only the best for us, He gives only the best. it's up to us to trust in that.

so today after the worship, today's Bible story at crosswalk was on the story of Gideon. the exact same story i was thinking about last night. how Gideon tested the Lord twice. he put out his fleece and on the first night asked God to make the ground wet and the fleece dry and the second night the ground dry and the fleece wet (forgive me i cant remember the sequence haha). and yet with all the signs that the Lord had already given Gideon, he still doubted. he still faced fears and doubts and worries and anxieties. im challenged to lay out my fleece like Gideon. and once confirmation from the Lord is given, i want to go forth with His Spirit and His exhortation. not to be afraid when He says He has prepared great things for me and go forward in faith!

Gideon, the Might Man of Valor and his 300 men, defeated the entire camp of Midianites with each man carrying one torch, one jar and one trumpet.

now how about that! i need to lay out my fleece and take the answer by faith.