walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Friday, December 11, 2009

it has been a wonderful week of ministry, learning and growth at youth conference 2009, "freed!".

"to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, from the power of Satan to God, that they might receive the forgiveness of their sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." -Acts 26:18

the series of night messages based on this one single verse impacted my heart greatly. i took time to reflect on a couple of things:

1. am i spiritually blind?
2. am i walking in spiritual darkness?
3. how am i fighting the spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6), am i doing enough?
4. how should i ask the Lord for forgiveness?
5. how shall i go abt asking the Lord for sanctification and the wonderful inheritance He has promised?

Pastor also shared with us at morning devotions what it means to be an overcomer. just today, hours after breaking camp, i had a rather unpleasant exchange with person X. and as i reflected on my response to his/her accusations, the Lord convicted me of one thing - that even if i was right, even if i was justified in speaking out against the accusations she was spewing out at me, i am called to exercise patience, self-control and exude grace in the midst of this world. to walk as LIGHT in the midst of a dark world.

as i spent time in prayer and reading the Word, for the first time in my life, i found myself being driven to write a note of apology for my retaliation to person X. a complete stranger by my standards. i have no doubt that this grace i chose to extend is not of myself but is an extension of God's own grace, a holy intervention, possible only by the Holy Spirit's leading.

2 Corinthians 3:3-5 says

"clearly you are an epistle of Christ, administered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stones but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

and we have such trust through Christ toward God.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God."

when the Lord called me to be His, He called me to freedom. but this freedom from the influence of sin, self, satan and the world cannot be found without discipline in my walk with the Lord and the leading of the Spirit that convicts me of my sins.

this week i am immensely thankful for the lessons i have learnt.. i am also thankful for the lesson i learnt in the course of these past 2 hrs due to the above-mentioned unpleasant exchange with a neighbour. i have also begun to understand so much more the depths of God's forgiveness.

the Lord, the Rock of my Salvation. He stands by me in the tough times, He keeps watch over me in the good times.. truly, He is a great and wonderful God. :)