walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

these few days i have been pondering the idea of love..

1 John 3:18-19 encapsulates this so perfectly

"my little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. and by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him."

it is in times of my deepest weakness that i realise how the Lord pre-empts our every move! and with each weakness He gives a promise. Philippians 1:6 says:

"being confident of this very thing, that He who begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

cos He knows i am incomplete and im always failing, lapsing into sin time and again, He promises me that He will continue working on me if only i will let Him.

to love is a commandment that i have not fully learnt to practise. it is a commandment that i have barely even begun to understand. but God is faithful, step by step.. :)