walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

At the beginning of this year, I told myself that it was time to revamp my spiritual walk with God. it was time to really start remembering the things that I've learnt and study it like i study family law (hur).

Thus far I have been:
- Keeping up with the Psalms daily devotions
- Keeping up with Bethany Overseas Students Fellowship (BOSF) studying Galatians (even though im no longer overseas haha)
- Keeping up with ICARE
- Learning from Acts and 1 Thessalonians during YPG2
- Studying 2 Timothy for Sunday School
- Studying the book of Joshua at Prayer Meeting
- Sunday Service -- themes of 'Waiting on God' and 'Victory!'

Despite all that I have learnt, I was reminded today that putting it into practice required so much more than just knowing... I really needed to trust Him and make Him my first refuge, and never my last resort.

As I study the book of Psalms I have found David to be a man of prayer. When Absalom usurped his throne and pursued him, King David prayed (Psalm 3). He lifted his voice to God in the morning (Psalm 5:3) and at night (Psalm 4:4). Each Psalm begins with a cry for help or distress, but it always ends with praise, with prayer, with a declaration of faith and great assurance.

Conversely, studying the book of Joshua at prayer meeting has been a rather different experience. Its amazing to know that the word prayer is not mentioned in the book of Joshua, not even once. Yet each and every situation recorded in the book of Joshua testifies to a living relationship between God and Joshua, the depth of Joshua's faith and his involvement of God at every juncture.

When things happen, its easy to turn to friends, its easy to "be emo" and mope... But it always a challenge to turn to the Lord and involve Him so deeply in our lives. Like David, like Joshua, like Daniel, like Paul.

This week I am praying that I will become more like Him... that as I teach His Word at Sunday School I will know how to rightly divide the Word of Truth. I pray that I will learn to reflect the glory of the Lord through my life and I will learn not to get uptight about the small things... as I remember that the God Who loves me is the One Who saved me and called me out of darkness into His marvelous light :)