walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Psalm 37:3-8 reads

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.

6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.


Psalm 37 has been on my mind the past couple of days, especially verse 5 that has been ringing in my head over and over again. This coupled with Isaiah 55:7-8 have been great contributors to my sanity :)

Over the past two weeks I have discovered yet again what little faith I have. With each sticky situation I face, I find that the same few lessons are being impressed upon my heart over and over and over again. I feel like the Lord is telling me over and over again...

"Trust in Me, I know best."
"My thoughts are higher than your thoughts and My ways than your ways... Remember?"
"Wait on Me... You will find that I have perfect timing."
"Exercise wisdom and prudence with each situation you find yourself in... I will never want you to make any choices or decisions that are contrary to My character."
"I know the thoughts that I have toward you... They are thoughts of peace and not of evil. I have plans to give you a future and a HOPE."


The human part of me is hoping that the Lord will reveal the plan He has for my life reeeeaaaaaallllyyy soon. cos i cant wait. cos i dont want to wait. cos i want to know. cos i want to be in control. but if i could fast forward to the day that I would know, I would have missed out on all the moments of life that would have made me stronger, better equipped for what He would have me do.

So... hard as it may sometimes be, I wont wish (or pray) today away. I will take the moments of sweetness and the moments of bitterness. I will laugh, love, (maybe cry) and pray that I make the right decisions with each of the crossroads I find myself at. I will pray that my every word and every action will honor Him and that He will bless each choice that I make.

cos I have a good God that I can trust in no matter the circumstances, no matter what the situation. and I wouldnt have it any other way! :)