walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Saturday, April 02, 2011

The month of March has been one of the most unique months of my life. For one, Angie says that I've lost about half of my weight hurhur. But beyond that, this same lesson of waiting upon the Lord has been ringing over and over again in my head. Just focusing on Isaiah 55:8-9 is preserving my heart and mind and spirit.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."


Ten years ago, I would never have imagined my life the way I see it today. I remember prayers that I have made and I have seen how the Lord, in His own loving and gracious timing, reveal to me the little glimpses of His plan for my life. As I watch His plan unfold over this next year (the first quarter is already gone!), I am praying hard that I will not try to take my life into my own hands, bearing in mind that only He sees my future, and any plans I make now will only come to naught if I am unable to surrender all to Him. To be able to take what life throws at me with strength of spirit and all the grace that I can muster.

As in Hebrews 12:1-2, to

"lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down in the right hand of the throne of God."

Looking unto Jesus... Today, Pastor also reminded us to focus on our life verse. That I found from reading my favorite blog :)

Micah 6:8
"He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?"


In the process of waiting on Him... to do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with my eyes fixed on my Lord Jesus :)