walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Strength and honor are her clothing,
She shall rejoice in time to come,

She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised
"

- Proverbs 31:25-26, 30

Proverbs 31 has been on my mind over the past couple of weeks... Partly because I have recently come across negative examples that we are warned about time and time again in the book of Proverbs, most aptly described as the "contentious woman".

A few weeks ago during discipleship class, Pastor asked us to think about what defines us. Looking back on the past few years, the experiences I've been through and the mistakes that I have made, I am sure of what I dont want to be. Looking at what the Scriptures say about a woman the Lord is pleased with, I also know what I want to define me. Strength and honor, wisdom, kindness and the fear of the Lord.

Working through the complications... Eyes set on completion. :)