walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Friday, December 12, 2008

this is what aunts shared with me from youth conference..

- first problem: we always expect God to answer our prayers the way we want Him to
- so we pray, but the answer isnt always a straightforward matter of yes, no or wait
- so Paul prayed, 3 times, and God didnt seem to be answering. Paul was strong, but he was at his point of weakness.
- but Paul should have always understood God's grace. Paul, of ALL PEOPLE wrote about grace, experience God's grace that put him into ministry
- so he told God -- take this infirmity away so that i can serve you better

Paul prayed, 3 times. and he got 1 answer from God, this-

2 Corinthians 12
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

and this was God's reminder to Paul - dont you think I know what you need? afterall, I was the One that put you into ministry..

this is God saying to me today - dont you think I know what you need? afterall, I was the One that brought you this far in life..

so maybe, just maybe, this is all the answer we need. its just that sometimes our strong will and desire to take control overrides all of this.. and we forget to just say "Lord give me grace. please give me grace." and you know what? this grace is perfect, in weakness. perrrrrrfect. that is such a consolation to me..cos i know that the Lord sees me as i am, with all my flaws and weaknesses and inabilities. and yet He promises His faithfulness and gives me His love every single day of my life.

today i watched the closing session of youth conference.. i heard the songs and it really made me miss bethany sosososo much. and miss home. and miss everything that is familiar. and i guess it reminded me that the next 5/6 months of my life is gonna be a great journey of learning what it means to trust the Lord.. when He's all that i have.

rach and redemption's story. 10:26
auntssss send me some encouragement pleaseeee

a. (lin_aileen@yahoo.com) 10:26
wert
26:27
"my grace is sufficient for u"
26:34
hee

rach and redemption's story. 10:26
hahahaha
26:59
i read that already!!!
27:00
one more

a. (lin_aileen@yahoo.com) 10:27
but that's precisely the lesson
27:26
that we're always asking for more... when what God has given is already more than enuf!
27:29
cool huh

how true, how true..
so, i have an EU law exam tomorrow. my notes are pretty much in order, ive finished the assignment. maybe i just need to breathe for a second, close my eyes and appreciate everything i have. and stop asking for more.

My grace is sufficient for you. that's my reminder tonight. thank You, Lord.