walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

i really liked today's purpose driven life devotional on Psalm 4. ive been fretting over my course registration - how i havent found classes that i enjoy and NUS is taking eons to approve my list of courses and everything is made worse by the fact that the deadline for the adding and dropping of courses is this thursday!

so i got up at 6am today (just couldnt sleep fretting over the millions of things that i need to get done - EXCHANGE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT!! ggrrrr haha) and decided to take a moment and re-commit all my burdens to the Lord. and the first thing i found in my inbox was this:

Lord, we’re desperate for you. We’re bunched up in confusion, moving by impulse and fear, flitting here and there like a frenzied flock caught in the wilderness of the far country.

We are here! We are here! And we know you hear. You’ve heard us before; you’ve swept in and saved us from our hopeless paralysis.

Do it again, O, Holy One; how long must we wait?

And we hear you say, “Yes, how long? How long must I wait while you wear my grace and peace like a cheap cloak from a secondhand store?”

Oh God, I hear your heart. You set me apart; yet, I joined the crowd – like birds of a feather.

From now on, Abba, when the swirl and twirl shoves at me, instead of taking to panicked wings; I’ll let you quiet my soul.

I am ready now; I am willing now to be swept under the safety of your wings, as a hen gathers her chicks (Matthew 23:37 NKJV).


i am willing to be swept under the safety of Your wings. yesterday i learnt a very interesting definition of spiritual growth - it is letting go of yourself, and letting Him. i guess it kind of has been in my head all these years, but to have it crystallized so succintly into one phrase is just a wonderful reminder of what a simple truth it is. my life is simple - i complicate matters. if i would just let go and let Him, pray, stop worrying.. then my life would be all smiles. (: haha. but any prayers for my course registration to be settled satisfactorily soon will be greatly appreciated.. (: haha!

now is the time for me to learn to trust with all my heart and soul. (: