walking on Sonshine!

little by little one step at a time, He's changing my heart and renewing my mind (: teaching me how to be patient and kind little by little one step at a time! (:

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my flight back to victoria yesterday could have been a million times worse than it turned out.. but my heart is full as i thank God for His goodness!

1. got to the airport at 830pm, just in time for my flight at 9pm
2. after i checked in the lady at the counter told me my flight had been delayed till 1050pm cos of some problems with the plane
3. drove somewhere and did some nonsense for 2 hrs
4. got back to the airport at 1035pm and ran to the gate (i really shd stop cutting it close for all my flights its kinda traumatizing)
5. realised i had dropped one of my mittens, ran out to look for it
6. found it, came back and got scolded (well not really they were pretty nice they just shook their heads haha) by the guards cos i left my stuff at the security screening area while looking for my mitten
7. got questioned abt liquids in my bag (thankfully i passed)
8. ran to the gate (thank God it was still open!)
9. got on the plane and almost fell asleep
10. got told to get off the plane because there was a hydraulic leak in some.. i dont know, something
11. waited abt half an hour
12. got on a new plane and finally got back to vic
13. GOT A FREE FIFTY DOLLAR CAB RIDE BACK HOME! woohoo!

so awesome. i love how God turns these seemingly bad situations into good. i love how He knows my heart and when i am ready to go home. i love that He plans everything so perfectly and brings good out of every situation (this is one of the rare circumstances where the good is so evident after the immediate crisis has blown over. so many times it takes a little more waiting..but it all is proven to be wonderful at the end). i love that He has showered me with love and protection..and i cant wait to see what He has in store for me over the next few years of my life. (:

so this weekend at the Uchurch retreat, as i thought through how i would like my life to proceed over this next year, i was overwhelmed by the amount of opportunities and possibilities this next year holds. i am now 21. i have moved into a new stage of my life..in many aspects. i will be concluding my exchange in UVic and will proceed to travel the globe (HAHA. not. just the US with what little money i have). i will then get on the plane back to sunny singapore and kiss the ground of changi airport when i land. i will go back to Bethany, my family and my friends. it will all be the same again, yet vastly different. i will (hopefully) get a job in a law firm that i am happy with, and hopefully get into the groove of my graduate year at the NUS law school. and then..hopefully i will graduate with at least a second upper, work for a few years, get married and have 3 kids. HAHAHA.

so thats my life plan so far. haha. but while i have these little dreams of how my life is gonna turn out (i think i want kids more than anything else. hurhur those cute little bundles of joy that will make me laugh and cry), i am kept aware of the fact that He holds my whole life in His hands. its not where i am, its what i do with my life, and how i live it. is my life a reflection of His glory, or am i tarnishing His Name with everything that i do? it might not even be in big ways, but even the subtle sway of my heart towards something that distracts me from my focus is an act that does not glorify the Lord in any way.

this week i think the Lord's special msg to me was 'do you Remember?'
it struck me that i do not. i have long since forgotten how He gave me strength and watched over me in so many seasons of my life.
the first verse that came to me when He prodded me to remember was Jeremiah 32:27

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?"

that and this wonderful short chorus spoke volumes to my heart.

Jesus draw me close, closer Lord to You
let the world around me fade away
Jesus draw me close, closer Lord to You
for i desire to worship and obey.


i cried/teared alot this weekend for quite an outstanding variety of reasons. haha. but at the end of it my heart is assured. my heart is ready. and i know He has prepared me, and is continuing to prepare me, for what the next few years of my life will present. (: